Red Giant Universe 3.0 brings more video effects and transitions plugins for motion graphic artists and editors.
With a focus on UI and text tools, Red Giant has officially released its Universe 3.0 with a new Universe dashboard and over 75 tools supported across 8 host applications – including most notably Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Let’s take a look at this new Red Giant Universe 3 and their new library of effects and presets including five new text generation effects.
Text Generation Effects
Here are the five new text generation effects which Red Giant users can find from the dockable Universe dashboard (along with the rest of the Universe effects, plus saved and recently used selections).
- Type Cast: Easily animate text properties like color, opacity, size, position and rotation – by the word or character.
- Type On: Quickly create computer terminal-style type reveals. Includes tons of options for customization and randomization.
- Screen Text: Fill your screen with scrolling code to create the look of an old-school or modern computer terminal.
- Hacker Text: Easily create computer hacker-style scrambled text animations. Simulate encrypting or decrypting text with many options for randomization and look.
- Text Tile: Generate multiple columns full of random data for use in motion graphics and computer terminal effects. Displayed information can be static or animated.
Universe 3.0 Pricing and Compatibility
- Full: $199 annual; $30 monthly
- Academic: $99 annual
Universe 3.0 runs on Windows and OS X, and includes over 75 tools that run in:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Avid Media Composer
- DaVinci Resolve
- Apple Motion
- Magix Vegas
- Hitfilm Pro